Panic attacks suck majorly. Coming off 20 years of Prozac has been interesting. I am finding out what mental health symptoms were actually being worsened or caused by the drugs and what is just me. I hope the panic attacks were the latter. What am I […]
KINESIOLOGY, REIKI, PSYCHOLOGY, MIND-BODY MEDICINE, INTUITIVE, STRESS RELIEF, CHILDHOOD EMOTIONAL NEGLECT SPECIALIST.
Every person I work with is so uniquely special. Just as the way we all look is so gorgeously diverse, our bodies function and react in their own way too. Some things, of course, are common to all of us, but the way we react to food, treatments, substances, drugs, different exercises – anything really – is just so different for each person. I have found, that these things can even change during the course of our lifetimes. The goal of my work is to help build you a personalised toolkit to have for when life, relationships, stress or your body changes.
I would be lying if I said I have come up with a magic formula for every single person to follow, that will ‘cure’ their bodies, minds and spirits and make their lives rock along in perfect balance in just 8 weeks.
What I do have, is 25 years of working with people and thousands of stories they have gifted me with which allow me to choose what I believe is the best plan to get you started on your way. We might be dealing with a short-term issue of getting through a job interview or breakup or longer-term life changes like “why do I always attract a certain kind of person?”
I have studied many alternative medicine modes. I mostly use Kinesiology as it is something I love to work with.
We will be a team. We agree on the plan. You tell me if it’s working. I am honest about how long I think it may take. You are honest about how long you want it to take. And we both are completely honest about whether we need to change plans at any time. Which we will have to do. Always happens.
Life can be a bit of a bitch like that – just when you think you have something under control – something else will step in and ask for some attention.
My other strength is that I have been, and still am, in your shoes at so many times during my life. Fronting up to some perfect stranger for help or treatment and wondering what I am meant to say. I have even made up a few stories for psychologists at times when I thought that that was what they wanted to hear.
I have not wanted to bother therapists with a call or a text when I was going through a super, rough time and I have taken supplements that my own body has told me perhaps were not for me just because they had been prescribed.
So, all I need from you is to trust the following:
- I am very hard to shock…..give it a go but good luck, So tell me the whole story. Always.
- That I will be honest, sometimes it may seem harsh but if I think you need to hear something, I think it is the biggest waste of time and money to beat around the bush.
- That I will not be offended if I am not the therapist you need.
- That I will not be offended if you disagree with me and tell me so.
- That I get it if you need to take a break simply because your finances are tight and that we can sort out a strategy for this.
- That I will be preparing you, at all times, for the time when you will not need me. For the time when you find your own strength and power and when you go from saying “What would Rebecca suggest I do?” to “What does my own gut tell me to do”. This to me is the joy in what I do. So when this time arrives do not be afraid to say so. I will still stay in touch, check in to make sure you are doing ok but only because I will be loving to see you strong and beautiful and back in charge. And if you need to see me again for a tune up years later – hey – shit happens. It is never a failure. And it has been my experience that we can never ever go back once a lesson is learned. People always worry that they will revert back to exactly how things were. New things just pop up or we need to recalibrate.
- I will refer you to some of my gorgeous colleagues if I believe that they are what you need at the time and I promise at all times that I will be your wingman. I got you covered for Masseuses, acupuncturists, Thai kickboxing classes (yep – sometimes very necessary for stress), yoga, pilates, gorgeous green juice elixirs…whatever. Consider yourself hooked up.
Because of this, I have a limited number of places available for clients. I would rather not spread myself too thin and promise things to you which I cannot carry through.
If this is your first visit, either shoot me an email and we can chat about availability or take advantage of the free 30 – minute phone or Skype chat I have in my BOOKINGS tab so you can see if you feel we would vibe. Not every therapist is right for everyone and that is absolutely cool. I also know it can take quite a while to actually go from thinking about seeing a “therapist” to making the appointment. Be gentle with yourself.
I am really looking forward to having you in my amazing tribe.